Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My new lens care solution - Clear care

I have myopia and have been wearing glasses from 5th grade and have been wearing lenses since 7th grade. That makes it 13 years, since I started wearing lenses.

Initially, I had a lens solution (Bausch and Lomb) and a deproteinizing tablet. I would have to soak the lens with this tablet to remove any protein built up on the lens. Then I moved on to Bausch and Lomb multi purpose solution, that removed the weekly tablet chore.

Recently after moving to US, I was shopping for a lens solution and and picked up two bottles of Clear care on sale.



Few changes:
a. Do not have 2 individual cases to soak lens. Have single plate with two cages on either side. I had to put my lens inside them and lock the cage. (First few days, this process looked kind of messy and cumbersome. But after a week, it was as convenient as the lens cases.)
b. You then immerse the cage in a bottle filled with solution. Once you dip cage with lens, the solution it starts bubbling.
c. You cannot use the solution directly to rinse the lens and wear the lens. I use the remaining solution in the small bottle to rinse if necessary. The lens has to be soaked for minimum 6 hours.

Pros:
a. I find the lens more comfortable to wear now. After long hours (8-12 hours) my lens would dry and would be little uncomfortable to wear. This problem seems to have reduced.
b. Every morning, I used to wake up with slight burning sensation. This problem has reduced as well.

Cons:
a. I used to reuse the solution in my case. This does not seem possible. The amount of solution required is also a little more.

Now, I am glad, I picked up those bottles.. Happy Clear Care customer..

Note: I have no affiliation to Clear Care or Bausch and Lomb. The process explained above may not be absolutely right.

No comments: